Cleaning Day

 It’s cleaning day! For the truck, not the flat (apartment)

Armed with just some marble paste & Enjo cloths, I began the laborious process of cleaning the cab & cabin from top to bottom. I always do that when I buy something. I think it’s a part of getting rid of the history & making it mine.

I had No idea what I was in for! It hasn’t been cleaned for a significant period of time! The windows were mouldy, the curtains needed washing & it hadn’t been vacuumed since the work was done on the cabin 2 years earlier. I know that because of the sawdust shavings.

The ceiling was a mission to clean, but I got it done & moved on to do the cupboards next. That was relatively easy, as the surfaces are all laminated & easy to wipe. 

Bathroom on the other hand, was a nightmare on my street! Hasn’t been Cleaned in Quite  a while, shall we say...

Next the doors & cupboard fronts, drawers & lockers. The first 3 were easy enough, but the lockers have wee holes to the outside air, so were really dusty, and made of plywood, so not very wipeable. I did what I could with them, and left it all to dry overnight.

Next comes the big downsize & fill. A story for another day







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area