Amping it Up

So yesterday I decided to make the tricky transition from semi knowledgeable woman to electrically charged woman. I went to a day workshop to learn about electrical systems. By morning tea my poor brain was veritably sparking with amps & volts.

Memo to self…must buy one of these

It’s a solar controller 😉

Jostling with a couple of hundred other women who were like wolves at a meat sale I tried to absorb the information & fill out my knowledge based on Electrical systems for Motorhomes. Why you ask, when Steamin Along is going up for sale?
Because I’m looking at doing my own build😉

I forgot to take pics of the setup on display, such was my need to get out of there mid afternoon 😂 It was crazy! With women fawning over the speaker like he was the best thing since sliced bread, I couldn’t get near the equipment to look at it. We talked about solar panel setup, bus bars, volts, amps, amp hours, energy storage, diesel heaters, batteries with blue tooth & monitoring systems etc.
Is your brain dead now? That’s about 3/4 of the conversation 😂 It’s been a while since I went to a lecture and I very quickly learned that there’s a whole lot more to this than just attaching wires to things.

Why would o even go there you ask? Because I want to buy the newest vehicle I can with the setup I want. 
If I buy a second hand van already setup I get an older vehicle with high mileage, a setup that’s well worn in a layout that doesn’t suit me, if I can even afford it. The industry are savvy as to the age group who buy the most motorhomes I have to say. 
It’s the baby boomers 😉 and we buy the automatic vehicles for those hips and knees that invariably break down over time with use. So naturally as you’ve figured out by now, they cost more. So I thought I’d have a go at it myself 😂 With No tools, and very little knowledge of the skills needed I just thought heyyyy I can do this. 

Or Not as I discovered yesterday. I do however now have a lot better understanding of how the electrical systems work. And that’s not a bad thing 🤔 
I think I might leave the build to the experts 😉




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area