Comparisons

This week Steamin Along is at the doctors. The poor girl hasn’t been well lately & has needed the alternator refurbished, a battery status monitor (my choice) & now she’s at a new doctor because she failed her six monthly medical 😬 aka the Certificate Of Fitness  @ $190

I must say she’s high maintenance! 😂 The brakes are heading for a mental breakdown, as are the shocks & some spring 🌼 bushes are needed, as well as a new mirror & a middle seat bolt that fell out & mysteriously disappeared.

All I’m hearing is kaching 💰 and the song 🎶 Money 💰 money 💴 money 💵.

An extremely friendly piwakawaka (Fantail) at Acacia Bay in Taupo 

I think she may have to go to a new home after this makeover as she’s suddenly been put out of my budget long term. So the answer I’ve been waiting for has come, & the painting is done. It’s time for the fox 🦊 and hounds 🐕 to go out hunting a new travel accessory. 

Comparisons for the record is about the differences of living land based & mobile.

Some mouldy boats at Acacia Bay in Taupo

Things I like about land based living include:

  • Washing the coffee grounds down the sink versus putting them in the bin. Have to keep the grey water tank clean as possible or…stinky!
  • Walking to the bathroom in the morning versus climbing down a ladder half asleep 😂 
  • Toast! Because in this instance electric outweighs gas
  • An instant hot water system versus waiting 20 minutes for the water to heat to shower
  • Being able to wash laundry & hang it outside without the neighbours judging me 😂 
  • Being able to bus 🚌  everywhere so much cheaper
  • Storage ❤️ for all my creative stuff
  • A letterbox, no issues with picking up mail
  • Maintenance isn’t my cost 😂 
  • No huge fuel bills
  • Being in community
  • No huge costs for a COF every six months because she’s over 15 years old
  • Dealing with toilet waste is no longer a thing
  • No need to deal with excess water in the shower
  • Water is on tap, no need to fill tanks 
  • Dealing with moisture inside is easier
  • I can use a Vacuum cleaner whenever I want
  • Being able to leave the sewing machine set up

Wood ear mushrooms (I wasnt game to try)

Things I like about being on the road
  • No rent 
  • When I have noisy or nosy neighbours I can just move on
  • Peace ☮️ and that’s a biggie
  • Parking at a beach 🏝 🥰
  • Fresh air & exercise naturally come with the lifestyle
  • Keeping life simple is easier
  • Seeing all there is to see as the budget allows
  • Small space doesn’t require a long time to clean, before creativity
  • Freedom to be where I like
  • Personal Space is easier 
  • The camaraderie of like minded people
  • The support when I get a flat tyre is usually right there
  • No need to spend money on stuff
  • Meeting a huge variety of people 
A beautiful glade at Acacia Bay Taupo

So it’s a trade off I think, between living land based in a building or living on the road. There is good and bad in every lifestyle & situation. At least that’s what I’ve observed. More updates as things unfold

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area