The ordinary

Today I explored a bit more of Paeroa, after going to the museum yesterday. I walked the length of the town, down to the Art Center, after the recommendation from a friend. And I wasn’t disappointed. Two more dear elderly ladies greeted me warmly, as per the day before, & I had a look around.


A huge arty church. I loved that the window & door frames were shaped like people

It would have been fabulous to take pics of the local artists work, but that’s not an option. I can tell you that one of the dear ladies was sitting being the desk spinning alpaca fleece though! That was a cool addition to the ambience, little did she realise. The most interesting thing about the art Center, after the cute ladies & the art itself, is the fact that it seems to be housed in the original council chambers, or possibly the courthouse. I know that because the doors leading in from the passage are labeled Mayor & Town Clerk 😂 


Tokens that the community care about its people are everywhere

Some boring grocery shopping happened as well as some housekeeping. I also met a neighbour, who is biding her time to move into a house she’s just purchased. You meet some really cool & interesting people sometimes, & she is no exception. I offered her some kawakawa leaves, because she’s Maori, & she didn’t know how to use them. That took me by surprise! Sign of the times from my era I guess.


The town is flanked by great watch towers of mountains

I’m spending a few days watching the Hobbit & related Lord of The Rings movies, to get a refresher on the movies, for when I go to Hobbiton next week ~ squeal of excitement. I can’t wait for this experience! It’s going to have some surprises I’m sure. Hairy feet are ready, as is my warm Cape, full skirt, vest & apron. 


The iSite was a gorgeous piece of architecture

There’s also a staff that I’ve been working on, to help me be stable on the ground in Middle Earth. Props are ready to fill out the characters role too. Let the acting begin 🤩  This has been on my bucket list for years now, so I’m excited to actualise it.


Outside the military museum, which was closed

The people were friendly today. They must be getting used to me 😂 I made a point of smiling & saying hello first. It’s contagious! Let’s keep doing it! Perhaps we can turn the islands we have become, back into the warm friendly, country I grew up in. 

It had to be done 😂 The original L& P bottle

Hospitality was our thing, back when we drank out of stone jars at picnics 🤣 That’s what my son asked me when he was 6


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area