Next stop, Matangi?

I’ve been invited to a friends place for the night, on my way to Hobbiton. So I’m headed there later today, after a quick visit with number one son. And then plans changed, as they do. I ended up on number one sons backyard, parked up & cooking a roast chicken dinner, to go with movies. It was a lovely night. 

A fire to keep you warm while you read

It’s been great to catch up with my brother & his lovely wife in Hamilton, or The Tron as the locals call it, but I need to keep on track to be in Matamata early on Saturday.

Steamin ran out of steam

At this stage the weather has been incredibly cold, so I’m going to try & get help with the fridge today. When I ran completely out of gas the other day, including in the gas lines inside, I went to change the bottles over & couldn’t. 

Shout out to these guys for taking me in at short notice & getting the job done, at an excellent price might I add

The lovely, big, strong, man in Whitianga who put the new one in for me, & hooked it up, well you know the rest. And I couldn’t get it undone. Eventually I went to a service station, where a lovely stronger lady was able to get that sorted for me, but after 3 days of rebooting the system, it still fails to ignite. 

The gas inlet thingy, died. I have plans for this🀩

I’ma bit frustrated to say the least! But as I’ve had it serviced & a new sparker put in, not more than a month ago now, it ought to be an easy fix. This is the kind of thing that people with Motorhomes or caravans deal with. Essential things that break down are difficult to deal with, when the companies who deal with them, are so busy. 


Getting savvy with my travel costs is another thing I’m learning about along the way. I’ve noticed that Motorhomers tend to stay in a town for a number of days, moving between the freedom camping spots. That is, if they don’t have the funds to stay in camping grounds etc. 



Remnants of Summer, still lurking

How that benefits us, is that it slows the travel down, helping it stay inside the budget. It reduces not only the all important fuel bill, especially when you have eight horses pulling you along, like I do. But not only that, it reduced tyre wear & all the other things that wear out, as we drive. Not to mention the road user charges! 


I’m discovering just how much it costs to keep these things on the road, & because I’m on much less than the pension or current living wage, it’s not sustainable for me, heart breaking as that is. So I’m looking at changing the way I do things. Necessity is the mother of invention as they say. 

One of the important things I’ve learned on this journey, is who I am & what I need to sustain life in a pleasant way. Also, what I want to be when I grow up πŸ˜‚ The writing thing really is the joy of my heart, when I have something with which to feed that bug. There’s a lot of learning going in in the background, while I get the write systems setup... pardon the punπŸ˜‰

But for now, it’s time to go take the precious to the fires of Modor (LOTR)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area