Rotorua to Gisborne

Today I realized I only have a week to get to Wellington, & make a complex costume 😬 

So I set out to go around the East Cape, until I ran into a lady (not literally) in Opotiki, who’s been on the road full time for 12 years. Another real gypsy! She had a horse truck, that was converted, so cool! Anyway,  she told me I’d never make it, & should go straight to Opotiki, then onto Gisborne etc. I landed in Opotoki after just over an hour, & decided to push myself the extra 160km to Gisborne. 

Gisborne 

Mistake 😂 274 kilometers later, and an hour or so through the Waioeka Gorge, I’m shattered 😂 But I still managed a time consuming part of the garment construction, so I’m pleased with that effort. It’s amazing what we can achieve when we push ourselves eh.


Yup 😂 

So many amazing things I wish I could have photographed, but going through a gorge makes that difficult. I stopped & captured a few though. 


I want to buy it!

Every day I have decided to make as much costume as I can, because long term, that’s not sustainable while traveling as well. Particularly driving to a goal destination. I wasn’t able to stop at all the little towns & settlements along the way this time, but I’ll go back & do that at some stage. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area