Napier to Waipawa to Pahiatua

After passing through quite a few small towns on my way down state highway two, I stopped for lunch in Waipawa. They had a library with a seat outside & free wifi 🤩 So I shamelessly sat & uploaded pics for you 😂 

I found a great little settlers museum too, but didn’t go in this time. I will do at some stage though, as it looked to be on a level with Motat in Auckland, with a miniature street boasting shops etc. I took pics of some things outside that I’ve never seen before though.







Someone asked me where I’d been a day or two ago, & I couldn’t remember 😂 Then I realised all I had to do was look at the blog to see. It’s a very common issue with us travellers apparently, as we go to a new place every other day or so. The only places to stay longer are DOC sites or free places where I am now. It’s right opposite the Tui Brewery, which is advantageous if you drink beer eh 😉

 I didn’t go across as one of my neighbours told me the actual brewery part is all closed down now, sadly, & it’s a bit boutique in style. That’s not my style I’m afraid. I like things that are authentic, & I don’t drink beer 😂 Also I was tired & felt a bit unwell after eating the rich pipis for lunch.


Day 1

My view

Other campers

I arrived to greet the heat, & promptly had to strip off all the good quality merino I bought for my journey south. It was Summer again 🤩 I always take the opportunity to do laundry when it’s like that & had my few things out in the sun in no time, & got them dry in 3 hours. Not bad considering I hand wash. 

The shower proof pants came out really well, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform at the dump station when they get wet next time. They do take a bit of extra care to maintain the DWR coating. 

So in shorts & tee shirt with bare feet, I set out to do some sewing prep, after a good chat with a neighbouring person who has travelled a few countries extensively in an 8 tonne fifth wheeler & small truck like mine, that they brought with them from Australia. (Left)

Next morning...fog!

We really need to be conserving water. I noticed that the river is down by 2/3rds, scary! 


Water saving tips by request 😂 

I was opening windows to hang my wee clothes rack from & noticed something that sent me into a tail spin! Someone had indeed been trying to lever open one of the lower lounge windows. I’d noticed one of the handles up on two occasions, but thought they must have come loose when driving. Not so! So consequently I didn’t sleep well last night sadly. I’ll be much more diligent going forward, & plan to seek out windows security solutions today, for the next leg of my journey freedom camping. I’m going to stay at a park over property tonight. I still need to finish the costume, & am designing the last part of it at the moment. 

Memo to self:  Never second guess yourself!

Rivet taken out to gain access

Next stop Masterton ish 😂 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area