Mt Bruce to Masterton to Wellington

Today I left a fantastic museum location, high up in the hills, where the night was dark & silent, & the lambs came to see me in the morning. I had a nice rest & got a lot of my costume made, & also spent an hour and a half going through the museum. And that was a quick look! That place is Huge.


The Mt  Bruce Museum

It’s set on a working farm, on the owners property, & has been their lifetime hobby. Just fantastic, & I saw things I’ve never seen before. Many of them. That’s always great when you’re mature in years.

Sharpening stone

Washing machine

Milk can scales

Cookbooks

For my farmer brother


Accordian for my cousin

Phonograph

#8

Gas mask

Extreme cooking challenges

Soldiers hot water urn

1896 high fashion


Corsetry 

Butter churn

Fantastic rock collections

Then it was on to Masterton for fuel & food shopping. An interesting place, with a very fresh feel. Quite modern & well looked after. Such a contrast from some of the settlements I’ve been through on the way there.


Next Carterton, where I lived when I was two.  A nice enough place, that felt a little disjointed in style. Now Greytown! That’s where I’d like to live! History preserved there like jars of preserves on a shelf for decades. 


Houses right on the edge of the street, like they used to be, & stores still in use, just as they were. If I wasn’t pressed for time, to get a parking space for the weekend, I would have stopped at these places & seen some of their splendor on offer.


I carried on through the Remutakas, which were a huge contrast in foliage, color, & rock formation. I stopped & climbed to the summit, because I could. It was so incredibly high, I felt a bit dizzy & had a bit of vertigo. Was a great experience tho, I grabbed a wee piece of rock from the hill, to commemorate it.





























Then Upper Hutt came up surprisingly fast, with its beautiful river winding alongside the Highway. Shame the rivers are all at least half dry.  I needed to give lessons on saving water. I’ma master at it now. Then Lower Hutt, & the city.


I found the parking ok & was surprised how empty it was. Driving through the city of Wellington  was a bit stressful, with narrow streets & Mrs Google lagging a bit behind, but the drivers here are very considerate, thankfully.


I washed some clothes as the day heated up, then washed the truck with the remaining water. She was filthy after going through all the road works! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area