Waiomu Bay~ Coromandel

 I stayed a night at this lovely spot again, had a swim, & was treated to dinner with the neighbours. Feeling very spoiled I went back to my piece of paradise & went to bed, a bit late 😂 

Around 2.15am someone thought it would be a good idea to try the handles on all the doors & lockers!

Waking up suddenly to that gave me quite a start, as they were persistent in their efforts.

Feeling angry I opened the high windows & vents , so I could hear better, & let rip with an led torch & some questions, as to what the heck they thought they were doing! Then a few more phrases, to alert my neighbours as well, & turned various lights on. Talk about persistent! They carried on intermittently for two hours! Until I told my better half of a person, Charlie,to call the police. Being the totally armless guy he is, & not very talkative, he just sat there looking like a dummy 😉 But it worked 🤩





I didn’t call the police, as I didn’t think they’d get there in time & the person would be able to easily melt into the shadows, with no street lights, plenty of trees & other cars etc being parked up around the domain.

Thankfully I was able to go the party the next day & stay the full weekend.

I’m thinking not to repeat that experience anytime soon, so I’m playing it safe by staying in very public places, where random strangers are all in motorhomes or caravans. Scary!

Next stop Thames township



















I spent a long weekend at a friends family Bach, overlooking the town. It was 110 years old I was told, & truly magnificent in its original state, pretty much. I spent a wonderful weekend with the family & a couple of her friends & was truly touched by their kindness. On the down side, I parked touching a tree & now have ants 🐜 So I had to invest in some nest bait. I’m not really into chemicals, but needs must sometimes.


Fantastic stuff! Worked in just a few days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area