The Hauraki Plains

 I came back through this way, to visit a friend who I’d missed seeing on my way down. We spent some time together & I saw a new perspective on living rurally out on the plains. A clear crisp night & a cold wind. It’s definitely feeling like Autumn in the evenings & mornings!

Karangahake Gorge

The next day was my birthday & I was gifted a beautiful necklace & earrings that’ll do nicely for steampunk, with sparkle & shine. Also a cushion with sparkle & shine & a sun catcher crystal. I’ll be needing my sunnies for this year I think, looks like it’s my year to sparkle & shine 😂 I received some lovely heart warming messages too 🥰

 

Karangahake Gorge

Then it was off to Hamilton to see my brother & his wife, via all the back roads. I had to make a nature stop on one of the long straight roads through farmland, so I took the opportunity to take a quick pic.





So many beautiful things to see along the way! I wished I’d been able to take pics while driving somehow! It was such a refreshingly beautiful day after all the rain, I was singing & thankful the lovely day had been turned on for me. It really made my day.


Sparkle & Shine 

Old farm houses & buildings melting back into the earth, original white painted farm houses with all the lace work, spires & spindles on them, painted white, & immaculate gardens to match. Then square concrete animal troughs...a first to see. Concrete towers of some sort on a few farms. One looked like a giant incinerator, but the other didn’t. Full sized made of concrete they were, stacked on a square wooden base. Will have to research that. 


Sitting on the road with a large milk tanker in front of me & one behind, maize fields either side as far as the eye could see.



I was really thankful for my husband, Mr Google 😂 taking me the back way, that I’d never seen before. Nice birthday present darling.

Eventually I arrived in the hustle & bustle of Hamilton, yay cities...not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area