Paeroa to Waihi

 After a wonderful weekend, staying at a very busy place with other creatives it’s time to go visit Waihi, for another steampunk event. A picnic by a lake today, thankfully.


Yesterday was a huge day for me, with sewing right up to the event, a first & hopefully last, then a 12 hour day out, followed by somehaggis & a neat  cinnamon whiskey 🥃 😋 I got to discover some of my clan tartans, & a whole lot of history about my roots, that I didn’t know. My family are a major clan with septs I discovered. (Sub clans)


My sporran with clan badge 😂 And Steampunk in tartan badge above

People had all the history of their clans, with books & memorabilia from their past. It was an awesome thing to be a part of. I didn’t take pics, as it wasn’t appropriate, & I forgot in my eagerness to discover some tangible history.

Next year I hope to be wearing one of my tartan to the games.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area