Greenlane to Narrow Neck Beach

 From Greenlane to Narrow Neck Beach in Devonport, to Whangaparaoa to Army Bay... in two days 😂 




Sometimes I need to find a place to park up for the night, & need to travel to achieve that. So I went to a place where I was assured that there are always vans parked up. Well there was last night... mine 😂 




I lived in Devonport when I was 15yrs old & had a really happy year there, for the most part. I used to work in our shop after school, payment one peanut slab please 😆

I think half of Tonga was there when I got there, but thankfully they packed up & left by just after 9pm.

So I locked the door & went to bed, after a bit of exploring in the late afternoon. Funniest moment... when I found a historic site that was a working naval base when I was 15 🤣 so I went for a looksee...fascinating!


I had to take a few... dozen pics 😂 it was a stunning day, so I stayed out for quite a while, having moved the truck to the other end of the carpark, where it was a bit quieter. I had to do that twice 😂 

There was an amplifier box...


Fence around the sailing club


An old wooden bus stop


A lighthouse off the end of Rangitoto


Rangitoto Island in the background


 A Lookout or gun turret I presume



A cool thing


Underground bunkers


Underground houses?

It’s funny when I do a nostalgia trip. Things are rarely how I perceived they might be. Although the shop my parents owned & the house & flat attached to it, haven’t changed at all, apart from the shop name. I didn’t take a pic as I was driving past 😉


Rangitoto at dawn, as I left

Pt 2 to follow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area