Albany to Thames

 I’ve been helping a friend in Albany for a couple of days. Now it’s time to go to a birthday party, & get that much needed Me time. I’m going to hide out I think, after I visit the op shops with a truck load of stash!

Albany at sunrise

I’ll be visiting more friends & then a place I’ve been wanting to try out, Rays Rest. Time for some R & R, getting ready for a trip to my Celtic heritage, highland dancing anyone? Bagpipes?  Maybe I’ll see a water dragon πŸ‰πŸ€©

I was lucky enough to be given a corset in tartan, so I only need make an item or two...said no seamstress ever πŸ˜‚ 

I pulled into my fave spot in Waiomu Bay, had a swim, a small walk & meet the neighbours...& ended up having happy hour & dinner with them. Spoiled much!



Waiomu Bay at sunset


They showed me an awning piece I’m missing, & a piece that has fallen off my awning, that I hadn’t noticed. Very thankful! Now I have to find the place that sells them πŸ˜‚ 

I got lots of love from their cute little Apalucian? White miniature husky type of dog . They seem to know I’m missing Miss Lexi a lot more than I’m saying.

An interesting lady pulled in beside me tonight, very creative but her van was oh so jam packed full of stuff! Swedish married to a Kiwi in Saudi Arabia πŸ€” I meet some interesting people in my travels, I can tell you.

Tomorrow is a birthday party for a friend in Thames. Then who knows after that, to hunker down & get a costume made. 

I might even get a swim in, if I’m lucky πŸ˜‰The tide has a pretty strong pull here, so I need to be careful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area