Sleepless in Auckland

 The carpark in Huia turned into party central last night. I should have known when I saw the mattress come out, from one of the 5 cars parked up together. A nice family picnic I thought...(Tui beer moment) Yeah Right 🍺 


It went on late into the night, with kids way out at low tide mark until well after dark. And I mean way out. That was pretty scary for me. Hopefully there was an adult out with them. To add perspective, I was watching what I thought was a child out there alone at dusk, & it turned out to be an adult 😂 


The carpark was a decent size with a park to my right, including toilets & cold showers


A chunky picnic set, donated by local families

Le bridge to the boat ramp, a few km’s away

Late nights are fine, until the traffic starts at 5am. 🥱 I’m going exploring the area today, to see where the masses are heading to. There must be some obscure industry around here somewhere 🤔 

The sky is thick with dark clouds today, low sunburn factor for me, but that doesn’t mean none. I’m out there wearing a hat every day, & slip slop slapping. I tan like a brown skinned person, but this year the ozone layer seems particularly thin... or am I just getting old 🤔 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area