Nigel No Friends - Albany

I’m sitting at a friends place in Albany, waiting for my Covid test result, after being in the same places but different times & in one case, a couple of days after a couple of people were tested Covid positive.



Having to socially isolated after being social over the past few months gave me a big wake up call! Suddenly I’m sitting alone entertaining myself, thankful for their wifi. I’m wearing gloves & a mask, washing my hands, using sanitiser, & wiping down communal surfaces.

It made me wonder what facilities will be available for people living on the road full time, as the parks & campgrounds are deemed recreation, & are closed. The government need to re look at that. We need somewhere to hunker down too.

How lax we’ve become as a country, & now having to ramp up our protective processes again, as new cases are reported.  I really wish they’d keep our borders closed 🤦‍♀️ I understand some of the reasons they aren’t, but still. Keep us safe parents who run our country. 👨 👩 And social distancing will become a thing again.

I had a hospital check up appointment today, & had to reschedule, which although was the responsible thing to do, leaves me at a disadvantage for my new appointment. I now have to drive the Motorhome into the city argh. That’s not going to be fun with traffic or parking. Thankful to the lovely operator who was able to work with me to accommodate my needs through this process, & give me a non park travel time appointment. That’ll help heaps.

Autumn leaves already??

Next day

Thankfully the test came back negative, which I thought was likely anyway. I’m still signing in with the app & using sanitiser at each end of my store visits, fuel pumps & other publicly used places. I don’t think we can get too complacent at this stage of the current health climate.

I have to laugh when I hear of people who think big brother is tracking them, so they won’t use the app... as if big brother aka the government don’t have enough to do already 😂 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area