My Happy Place - Albany

I’m sitting in suburbia, at a friends place, listening to the sounds of highways all around me, I’m struck at how different it is from waking up beside a beach in a small, semi rural town. The pace of life is very fast here, a lot of activity from all directions, & just the general craziness of a city at work, wheels in motion, keeping it afloat.

I’ve been getting ready for a big event in my steampunk life, sadly hampered by Covid fears once again. We will be the host city to only ourselves this year, as another city who have had cases of Covid, thoughtfully & selflessly keep us safe from any possible contamination. So kind of them, they will be sorely missed this year. 

So I’m sewing anyway, in the hopes of being able to sustain a costume for the day, that is more my taste & functional for my needs. 

I realised yesterday, that this is my happy place. I was singing... always a good sign, & the time passed very quickly, as I feverishly try to assemble some new parts for an idea I have. It’s so much fun being creative, that I lose myself completely in that place. It is the place of all places for me to live, nothing else required. 


It’s almost 7am, coffee consumed, & breakfast in progress, as I make the important decisions of whether to go for a bike ride on my friends bike (kindly loaned), or continue the journey of the costume. Such a difficult one as a creative, when all I want to do is shut myself away & make stuff, lots of stuff, endlessly. 🤣
But there it is, life! And it must go on, with balance. So the high viz I’ll don, helmet & sensible shoes on. I need to do this for my body, that exceeds the age of my mind, faster than you can swing a cat! (No cats were harmed in the assembly of this comment)



Usually I post this progress report on my Steampunk_It Facebook page, but these things overlap in my life. So today I will do both. Life & create. For tomorrow we feast! On creations & fun, picnics & nature, life & creativity entwined, in one glorious symphony of colour & experience.

Spoiler alert 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area