Learning & Changes



 I’m still learning so much, in so many ways, that I forget to document it quite often. I’ll try to remember.

 Orewa taken from Stanmore Bay 

Yesterday I had to fix the grey water cap chain back onto its main parts. It came off the last time I used the dump station, & is a safety feature, so I don’t lose the cap. 

It seems there’s always something to fix, or tighten up, much like being a regular home owner. I find it so satisfying when I can fix things myself, even tho I know I’m doing a ‘girl’ job 😂 

Amazing how much things can change, in a very short time frame sometimes. Just last week I found I needed a bike, & the next minute I had one to use. Then I found it didn’t work for me & I needed to give it back.

I’m finding it so important to document things, as they change so fast, living the way I do.


Stanmore Bay

I’m always on the move, to new areas, or those previously visited, so I can’t keep track of where I’ve been, or who I’ve seen when. Blogging is such a great way to do that! Thanks to the person who suggested that.

This week I’ve made some changes in my life. I needed to be a lot fitter & walk more, use a bike more, & generally be more active. I want to be able to eat the cake 🧁 😉🤣 And to be generally healthy as I age. So I’ve been walking a lot, along the beach & footpaths where I’m staying, & using an exercise  bike.

Orewa Beach


Lunchtime view

It’s been awesome, because I’m getting the endorphins release & catching up with friends more. I’ve also changed the way I eat when I’m on my own. Less carbs, more plant based proteins & veges, fruit. I like to eat veges anyway, so it’s not hard really. 

Lunch, courtesy of my friend

The hard part is finding the balance of not being hungry, but eating a bit less. I asked a Dr friend how she has lost a huge amount of weight, & that’s what she did. I’m with her!

 Here’s to a fit healthy & slightly smaller me this year. 🥰


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area