Exploring Auckland

 It’s time for a little cross country trip. I’m doing a little nostalgia travelling at the moment, going back to see places & people. It’s a lot of fun seeing how much things have changed. 

I acquired a free North Island magazine from the members lounge yesterday, & sat down to find out if it was worth keeping. Definitely a yes. It’s got places to visit, points of interest, trip routes & places to stay, eat etc. 

Before I headed off, I went for a looksee around the park, where I was staying. Such a beautiful place, with so many areas to explore & enjoy.

Tui Glen Reserve, Henderson


The river was very dirty

Some gorgeous trees

Cute historic buildings

A thing


A neat little picnic area on the wharf


Log seat in the playground

Next stop Titirangi 


Teapot. At Te Uru Museum




Goneski!


I love stone masonry


Huge Kauri trees everywhere 


This guy

I’m loving all the new bypasses & motorways for efficiency, but also still want to go to places I haven’t been before. At the moment I’m waiting to see what’s next health wise, & fitting my travelling around steampunk events.

Arataki Visitor Center, Waitakere Ranges


A kauri...Way up in the tree tops

That guy



Stunning panorama huh!

Downsizing for ease of living & comfort as I go, it’s becoming a ‘thing’. I do like ‘things’. I’ve been a bit of a taxi service recently, delivering things to people, & now I’m enjoying the space I have after the drop offs. It’s also really nice catching up with people I don’t see very often. 

Huia, Waitakere Ranges


With a nice kids playground



Nice beach but windy as!


I needed to rest my knee here, as I did quite a lot of walking up & down dale yesterday. There were ouchies. Plus side I met some really cool people again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area