Barn Paddock Huia


Take no notice of the rules, they don’t seem to apply 😂 

Pretty cool gateway eh

 I stayed here a night, out by the stockyards, on the gravel. Mainly because the rowdy bunch who stayed at the carpark, moved there into the actual camping area. It would have been a really peaceful night, except for the turkey & pukeko who thought the truck would make a great roost for the night 😂 

Now I understand why the farmer culls the turkeys when they get too many. I counted 8 this morning, including a baby. Never seen a baby turkey before. 


One of these flying looks like a plane 😂 


It’s a really lovely spot, with heaps of camping area & farm animals that are tame, for kids. Also a cool round toilet, that I didn’t use, but I believe it’sa long drop. If you’ve never heard the term, you do your business & there’s a really long drop to the bottom of the pit,  if you’re lucky 😂 


Kune kune pigs, Orpington Chooks, Red somethings, ducks, cows, sheep & turkeys


The loo


50 people could camp here I reckon


That’s a full sized family tent


I felt sorry for these guys, as they had kids with them

The barn is a working one, as is the wool shed It was pretty cool to see some really old equipment there.


Old wooden butter boxes, up on the shelf


This guy comes & feed them each day


Cool eh


The whether & other sheep were so tame & friendly


A grain grinder & corn shucker to the left of it



Big rocks fired out from a volcano I suspect


The welcoming committee 😂 


Turkeys


A walking trail. One of many in the area


Hens


A huge boulder


Humungous eh


Baby boulder


Christmas pudding boulder


Huge boulder


Then this happened


And this had to happen. Soon I’ll look like a sporty tramping chick 😂 But seriously, the ground can be very uneven where I go, & I need that clutch foot intact 😉

The mature people but then apparently, for good knee support




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area