Systems



I’m still getting my systems sorted, three months down the track of living on the road full time. I love it when I meet people who have different knowledge & skills to me, who can show me how to do it better. 


A set of pegs for my mud mat, as I call it. My new outside mat was inexpensive, but has good tread to keep the grass & general stuff from outside, from coming inside, on my fitted carpet, for which I have no vacuum cleaner I might add. The bottom of the mat is smooth, so when it’s muddy, as it sometimes is when I’m parked on a grass area, I can peg the mat down to keep it in place. That’ll also keep me from slipping, which is important when I need to be able to drive around. 
Staying mobile is critical to what I do, as I can’t stay anywhere very long. There are limits on most parking areas, usually overnight or a couple of days. And let’s not forget there’s a ladder to climb into & out of bed😉

The second pic of the bike light, is to put on the right rear corner of the outside of the cabin, to prevent people hitting it at night, when I’m parked on the roadside. I’m finding I need to park on the road quite often, in order to keep the truck level, so the fridge has ready access to the gas, when I’m parked up at a house. Especially in this sudden heatwave we seem to be having. It’s making the fridge work extra hard to stay cool.


The mat outside that can be pegged down



Doorway makeover! So thrilled to get this done, with the plethora of bugs who have been dropping in over the last week or two. $22 from Bunnings & the perfect solution that’ll work for the shape of my doorway. It was a collaborative effort, but I’m still really proud of the part I played in achieving it 🥰 Thanks to the other cuzzies who helped too 🍺 🍷 🍰


So grateful for washing systems & vacuum cleaners, when I get to use them. It’s so easy to take these things for granted. Washing clothes by hand is doable, sheets not so much 😂 

Let’s hope it gets dry before the rain arrives tomorrow fingers crossed 🤞 ✅ winning, loving connection too.

~

And this! Bumpy roads are common & definitely not my friend, when the door catches spring  open while driving. The button catches aren’t the best ones for that.



This happens 🤦‍♀️ Often!


A simple but hopefully effective temporary fix, using a curtain hook & a small cup hook, some string  & voila. 
~
And the final version. I changed it to curtain wire because the string has too much give in it.


Free curtain wire from a nice shop assistant today. This is my worst cupboard, with wasted space & it doesn’t work very well. I’m working on solutions for it at the moment. The piece of felt hanging out is to pad out the cupboard door to hold it closed firmly. The bottom half of the cupboard has the water pump in it.
All the pots & bowls from my house are there. Holds heaps my kitchen

Comments

  1. Fantastic, sorting out your problems and getting things to work, every days a new adventure...for sure! 💚👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area