Stormy Point View, Mangaweka, Rewa, Waiouru

 I always take a me time break after I’ve been peopling πŸ˜‰

And believe it or not, I’ve Never been through our army museum, so it’s high time I checked that off my bucket list, don’t you think? As a third generation Kiwi aka New Zealander I think it’s probably mandatory πŸ˜‚ 



The Stormy Point View


Zoom in View of the mountain from Stormy Point View


The old Mangaweka Hall. EV charging stations & a cute little cafe here now, in place of the old plane cafe, that’s now gone. Very progressive I must say.


Gorgeous Presbyterian Church at Rewa. Where’s a water blaster & mower when you need one!


An old barn beside the church at Rewa 


Being the museum at Waiouru. It wasn’t me, honest


My view for the night includes patrolling security guardsπŸ₯°


My kind of art, a painting by a medical soldier


Want

Oh go on then, turn on the charm Mt Ruapehu


Looking a bit bare there Mt Ngaruahoe


I never thought about where we get our army color scheme from, until today.

The next day I shouted myself lunch at The Mess Tent, complete with enamel army plate & drink container πŸ˜‚ Highly recommend! 5 ⭐️ 
$17 for French toast seemed expensive but the portions are really generous & I’d ordered an iced chocolate for $7.50, that I had trouble finishing. 
The French toast was two thick slabs of brioche, 4-5 rashers of bacon, 1 fried banana, blueberries, maple syrup in a jug, & thick piped cream.
The iced chocolate came with ice cream, choc sauce, whipped cream & milk. A bit sweet for me, but lovely & creamy, in its own little glass mug.
I didn’t do food pics, as I’ve heard that people get sick of themπŸ˜‰

And I’m off again, after running into some lovely people I met in Huntly at the rally. They need a house sitter it seems. So I’ll have a place to hang out for Christmas Day now. Wonder if they’ll mind a tree on the drive🌲 πŸ˜‚ 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area