Kimbolton , Kiwitea, Colyton

 Today was a mixed trip involving stopping at a few places advertised on the NZMCA app. It shows all the free parking places, as well as the paid parks at $3 a night. I’m  still keeping it as inexpensive as I can, so I can get the solar setup sorted at the end of January. 

Apparently the battery will only get charge to match the smallest panel wattage, in my case 80-100watts. That won’t fully charge a lithium battery & certainly won’t be enough to get me through the winter months, when there’s no sun. I tested the theory yesterday on the hottest day so far, by putting my 200watt panel out for a few hours, & found it to be  true. It pays to pay the experts to do a job properly I found out the hard way. If I don’t address this issue, my new, very expensive battery, will have a shorter life 😱 

 So apart from today, when I splashed out on the best carrot cake I’ve Ever eaten, & a pizza that’ll feed me for three meals, I’m keeping the minor costs low.


$6 a slice & worth every bite


London Ford


Time for a swim


Yay toilets in all the public reserves


Biggest plum tree I Ever saw at Almadale Recreational Reserve


Christmas Plums πŸ₯° An old variety I think


Long drop toilets


Mosaic Picnic table


Old farm equipment next door



A real swing bridge with planks🀩


View from the swing bridge


Thrush on a tree stump at the beginning of the bush area


Walking through the bush, & I learned that there’s a pathway marked by white tags on trees


A circle of very large ‘mushrooms’


For perspective


Cool as tree root


Right angle tree


I went for a walk this morning, down a side road to the main farm in the area, growing special grasses for...

I left my traveling buddy here & continued north


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area