Goals

 I’ve had to think about the reason I bought a home on wheels recently, when someone asked. It’s so easy to forget the original plan when we’re so busy out there doing it. 

My goal posts shifted a little, when I realised I had the time to help others, so I added it to the list. Right now I have the time, & that is gold.

Originally I had planned to be out of a renting situation, & going to all of the steampunk events around New Zealand, as I can fit them in. Most towns & cities seem to have a group, & it provides the food my creative soul needs, & connectedness to the other creatives.



I also want to really see my country, inside out. Follow the roads I want to go down & visit all of the little off the beaten track towns. I’ve had to modify that plan a little, with the no turning zones, rough roads & trees in the country. Even in the towns & cities, the trees are a real pain, hanging over into the street. My truck is 3 meters from the ground at its tallest point, & it bends easily, being aluminium. I’m struggling with that a bit, the tree issue, as the local councils aren’t being diligent in addressing that issue. Perhaps I ought to file a report?


https://www.google.com/search?q=roadside+tree+nz&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjOg4vB1ertAhUrMbcAHXKHBmoQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=roadside+tree+nz&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzoECCMQJzoFCAAQzQI6BwgjELACECc6AggAOgYIABAHEB46BAgeEApQicAKWKuBC2CCogtoAHAAeACAAdgEiAGvOpIBCjAuMy4yNy41LTGYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=_qjmX86MFKvi3LUP8o6a0AY&bih=989&biw=834&rlz=1C9BKJA_enAU880AU880&safe=active&hl=en-GB#imgrc=-yG5d0r6OOExTM


A new role in council! Yes! I can drive around all the roads & parks, testing the height, & documenting which ones need attention. 🤩 I’ll mark each one that’s under 3 meters with a non toxic paint, so the council arborists can easily identify the right ones & deal with them.  Better tune up my CV huh 😉

Now don’t get me wrong here, I love trees! They add a lot of value to an environment, with the added oxygen being a high priority & shade. The also visually enhance the area they’re planted in, & I just love them... you sensed a But coming, didn’t you 😉 

There are an awful lot of people out on the roads these days, with a housing shortage, baby boomers retiring & others like me choosing to live differently, perhaps because of the rising cost of rent here. It’s an economic lifestyle choice, compared with owning a home, & a lot of people are doing it, whether full time or part time. Then there are the people living in cars, who I see most places I go too. I know the NZMCA has around 90,000 members, & that’s only a portion of people on the roads. 

And then there are all the people living in cars & other vehicles. We need better systems to accommodate the new changes.

Ideally I’d like to fix all the things that need attention, but like a wise sage said to me last night, address them as they come up. I’m a bit ‘gung ho’ when it comes to a new thing, I want to go in hard & learn it all & deal with all the things my big picture self can see, that needed addressing. It’s quite stressful for me when I can’t do that. Baby steps grasshopper.


I also want to make up all my fabric into costumes I love & recycle the rest. Time, that’s all I need for that. But it’s summer, beaches, river & sun mm

More sunrise pics from my secret spot, near those I love 💕 



Disclaimer. I know I didn’t insert the link correctly. I’ll work on that ok 😉


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area