Getting lost...again 🤦‍♀️

 Sometimes when I go off to look at something, I get lost trying to get back 🤦‍♀️ I have the Worst send off direction of anyone I know I think 🤔 I’m so thankful for Google maps😅

So I end up on unintentional adventures🤩 And discover cool stuff🤩 Today I found out what Turangi is like, being the scenes...& I felt sad. So many broken down shacks that people are still living in. Couldn’t take pics I’m afraid, as I was driving 😉 I know there’s a whole other side to the town, but was sad to find some living in abject poverty. At least they have shelter I suppose.

Went to the main NZMCA park at the South end of Taupo, to rest & regroup before seeing the fam tomorrow. Also delaying my arrival to coincide with a family Boxing Day up north.

And found one of my faves, growing wild. Purple King potatoes 🤩 I can eat these without upsetting my delicate constitution🥰


I’m finding that driving for two or so hours is enough to get to a place, leaving me with enough energy to set up & enjoy it. Stunning hot summer day, with the awning up & everything as it should be. 


I was surprised to find most people stayed in the vicinity of their own awnings today, although it was a scorcher of a day. I can’t really blame them. I ventured out at 4.30 to see how many vans there were in the park, as I’ve never seen it full before, & discovered that Chappy Hour really does exist! It’sa thing with the NZMCA members. Not compulsory by any means, but people can choose to go hang out with a beverage & a chair for an hour at 4pm.
I met some lovely people from the areas we had just been & we got talking for a little while. Off to see the family next. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area