Fielding

 Timona Park

I arrived early afternoon to a huge park with a toilet block at each end. It’s a five minute walk to each end But only 10 seconds across the roadway to the river😍 

We’ve arrived

There were plenty of other campers, & buses etc dotted around the park, so it was going to be a nice safe experience for me. Other dogs too, not my favourite with an  ageing deaf tiny dog, so we made sure to keep our distance when we went for a walk later.


A sneak peek


Sweet peas growing wild by the river. I just love that!


Guess who thought it was time for a swim! Not this time my girl! The river had a raging current after the days of rain. 


Sunset was a bit lame, but pretty never the less


The wind was howling, but warm thankfully. Unable to have the vents up, lest they be ripped off, I settled for having the door open with plenty of fresh air circulating. 

Day 2

Curtain sewing, walks & a very impressive Christmas Parade I have to say. Multiple Santa’s was a bit strange πŸ˜‚ I met another lady living & travelling, who was parked up beside me. She’s an interesting person & could be a new friend. She’s been living & working on the road for 5 years. What a legend! 😎



A lovely walk alongside the river


One of two playgrounds at one end of the park


There are sports fields too 


Just part of the enormous park. Also a dump station that’s two sides, so it doesn’t matter which way I drive in. 🀩


An old ambulance that was pretty impressive


Miniature horse & cart. So cute



Horse drawn buggies


One of many different tractors


The oldest one I think. Chugged out a lot of exhaust


And Snoopy ❤️


Morning tea with my new Neighbour friend, & a bike ride in the afternoon. Sunburn optional πŸ₯΅ 


We discovered a wonderful park with a bird Avery in it, rose gardens, duck pond & picnic areas. Kowhai Park is well worth a visit. Then we went further & did a bit of mountain biking. My friend is a seasoned cyclist, & knows bikes & trails. She’s into running as well. I need to change my eating habits if I want to look like her...but, it is Christmas after all πŸ˜‚ 

Next stop Herlihy Reserve, just out of town. Wasn’t quite the grassy reserve by the river I had hoped for, but is somewhere to stay the night, until I decide where to next. 


 
Before my new travelling friend & another Motorhome arrived


At least the river was there


Not a bad kitchen windows view eh


The driveway in. The app pic was of grass around a tree πŸ˜‚ 



On the whole I discovered that Fielding is a really warm friendly place. A lady in an op shop told me that’s their mission statement, to be a friendly welcoming town. Thumbs up to you guys, you nailed it. 

Comments

  1. Sounds a wonderful visit! Peaceful surroundings, parade, lovely people 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful place to visit yes 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area