Christmas

 It’s that time of year again, & as I sit drinking my early morning coffee, I’m pondering the complexities of the season.

It’s Summer in New Zealand, time for holidays, swimming, salads, ham, bbqs & summer fun. Picnics, walks, friends & family

Being on the road full time, Christmas with all its hype fades into the background. Suddenly there’s only people that are important. Gifts & feasts are secondary. 

I particularly feel the lack of people at this time, as everyone rushes around madly trying to finish off the working season, buying presents & generally preparing for what’s to come. 

Living the way I do is just about being with people really. Connection. I value the people in my life very much. You’re very special to me πŸ€— 🎁 People are the gift 😘 It’s about relationships, both vertical & horizontal. 

I was going to take a sunrise pic to go with this post, as it was particularly beautiful, but it’s in suburbia, where the views aren’t pretty, so I decided not to. Besides, you’ve all been inundated with those pics, so I thought I’d keep it simple.




Waking up out on the roadside, near people I care about, is about as good as it gets. River & streams & sea & gardens, mountains & expansive views are wonderful too. But people who care about you are special prizes, all on their own. No frills, no bows, no fuss. Have a special Christmas with those you love & who love you. They may not be immediate family, but that doesn’t really matter. 


I’m driveway sitting this year πŸ˜‚ & being forced to eat all the zucchini myself πŸ˜‚ It’s terrible but  I’ll cope somehow... chocolate zucchini cake πŸ€” 



Might take a bit of eating eh. 8 plants to harvest from, & they’re all producing well 🀦‍♀️ 

First thing this morning😍


Gotta love a city that makes walkways under the main roads🀩


A farm beside the city boundary


A second building


Time to clean off the grime from mechanical fingers & road grime. Learned the jif trick from my sonπŸ˜‰ it’s a cheap cut & polish 🀩


And it’s bath day πŸ˜‚ She loves it...Not! Usually runs around like a nutcase, but is too cold after a cold bath in a bucket πŸ˜‚ Changes in all departments this year.

Merry Christmas everyone. 🎁 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area