Setting the wheels in motion

 For a long time, not a good time 😂 or maybe a little of both 🤔 

Today I decided it’s time to sort out my rusty wheels! What was I thinking 🤦‍♀️ It’s a huge job, so I’m sanding a wheel a day for 4 days, then painting, after I’ve degreased them with engine degreaser & cleaned that off as well. It’s quite an expensive exercise at $80 for those three things in the pic, but I’m worth it 😊

A nice chap shopping at Repco told me get the Hammerite paint. It’s got a special finish, that you’ll see at the end. Just another little steampunk element 😉

The worst one. I need to find my mini wire brush, that does rust. I’m only doing the 4 visible wheels at this stage. The other 2 can wait


I found it incredibly challenging doing the first wheel with just sandpaper yesterday, so I’ll go buy a wire brush today, to make the process less physical. 

And $100 later, I think I have everything I need to do the job. That’s not counting the degreaser & rust converter I already have!


With a damaged Achilles‘ tendon & ongoing issues with a knee & hip, I really struggled with squatting down. I’m going to find a wee stool that I can sit on to do this task, when the weather & my body allows.

Found the 3 legged camping stool I’d kept & used the large wire brush & a scotchbrite pad yesterday, before the rain came. Was a definite win win for the wheels & my body. I’m doing this task in stages, as the wheels are large & have lots of bits to sand down, nuts, bolts & cutout areas, as well as the rounded parts & creases. Who knew wheels were so complicated!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area