She thinks, wandering the Thames township

Small garden boxes with descriptions

During my lifetime, which is a considerable amount of time now, I have been a deep thinker, reflectively taking time to process things. Without time to do that, anxiety & stress plague me. 

By a Maori health center

I went for a good long walk around the town today, seeing things that usually pass me by, in the busyness of a steampunk festival. 

Loved this persons sense of humor

Observations for me don’t include what I think about things, or how I feel about them. They are just that, observations.

I love reading the old signs on buildings, denoting their history

Who knew I actually liked history! Apart from the fact that as a teen I wanted to be an archaeologist that is 😂 
This town has some very thoughtful systems

I see patterns in things, & that leads me to think about them. The fact that old methods & ways are being returned to constantly throughout the ages, leads me to thinking that the new ways of things, aren’t necessarily progress in a good direction, in some areas.

They still need follow up signs tho

As an example, I saw hand carved adzes at the museum, & observe that many of the sculptures in towns are in fact, also hand carved. Case in point being the stones all around Paeroa, & the tree ‘Ents’ in Tokoroa that are now deceased, were also hand carved.

This is a pretty typical street here

I got to er, pat’ a Sphynx yesterday too. That lad had escaped from the home parked next to mine, & his mum needed help herding him back in the right direction. Now that’s what I call an allergy friendly cat! He’s a great grandfather apparently, quite the stud.
Similar to this

Today I’m off to a group for lunch where I’m classed as a senior. Now I’m just not sure how I feel about that! Baby boomers still have a lot of life left in them, & a lot to contribute 🤔 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sad Day

Amping it Up

A Pictorial trucks eye view of Benneydale & surrounding area